Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Ties That Bind Us

I dedicate this post to all you black-fleece-haters out there.


Last night I met with a man from the US embassy at a restaurant for dinner. It was not a particularly formal affair; the embassy apparently sends staffers on regional trips to conduct local business and check in on volunteers and perhaps other Americans. In the case of Zhezkazgan, it is obviously just volunteers. Anyway, in the course of our conversation, he stopped mid-sentence when he noticed a small MRG logo on my fleece. Apparently, he had lived in Vermont only a few towns away several years before and frequently skiied there.

It's a small world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, I have to put up with constant
MRG chatter from your father - he is just buying his season pass now.
I am sure that the ski-it-if-you-can
crowd is scattered far and wide.
Their newsletter features photos of
their iconic bumper sticker from
far away places. (hint).

RobinBananas said...

I hope you have a newer one, at least.

-R