Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Rites

The time left until the flight to Philadelphia has dwindled to one full day. It's pretty hard to believe. Only in the last few days has the fact that I am really, honestly leaving for a long time sunk in. It hasn't helped that everything that I do now gets billed as "the Last " both in my head and by the people around me. Nonetheless, I am busy enough with last minute errands and packing so that I am not dwelling on it.

Tomorrow is the final day of packing, but it shouldn't be too hard because everything is assembled. It will be stressful to go through everything sixty-five times to make sure that I haven't forgotten anything. I really hope that my decision not to buy a winter coat here proves to be a wise one. The advice we got from various volunteers and PC-Kazakhstan staff members ranged from a "BRILLIANT IDEA!!!" to "IT'S A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!!". We'll see -- about that and many other things, too.

No comments: